Mercedes Benz S-Class S400d 4Matic and S450 4Matic India 2021
Mercedes-Benz the German car manufacturer has launched the all-new Mercedes S-class in India India with two variants. The all-new Mercedes S-class in India will be available in petrol and diesel engines.
- S 400d 4Matic (Diesel) – 2.17 crore (Ex-showroom)
- S 450 4Matic (Petrol) – 2.19 crore (Ex-showroom)
Under the hood:
All new S-class has six-cylinder diesel and petrol engine. S 400d 4Matic diesel engine is powered by 2,925cc which produces 330 hp and 700 Nm of torque and S 450 4Matic petrol engine is powered by 2,999cc which produces 367 hp and 500 Nm of torque. Both have a nine-speed automatic gearbox as standard with an all-wheel-drive system. It can go 0-100 kph in 5.4 seconds for diesel and for petrol 5.1 seconds. It has a top speed of 250 kph for both variants.
Mercedes S-class key feature highlights:
- 8-inch tablet-style OLED main infotainment screen and a 12.3-inch 3D digital instrumental for driver display.
- The latest MBUX system (NTG7) has 320GB of storage and 16GB of ram. It also has features like facial, fingerprint and voice recognition, with over-the-air (OTA) updates.
- Ventilated front seats with memory function.
- A 31-speaker Burmester 4D surround system with 1,750W output.
- Powered rear seats with massage function.
- Wireless charging for front and rear passengers as well.
- Two 11.6-inch touchscreens that are mounted at the back of the front seats for entertainment purposes and a portable tablet that sits in the centre armrest which can be used to controls various functions.
- A wireless charging pad and USB ports at the back seats.
- 10 airbags and world-first frontal airbags for the second-row
- 64-colour active ambient lighting to mention some.
It will come in five colours that are green, red, black, and white. The interior pics and videos shared by Mr. Sirish Chandran on twitter are here:
The design, details, furnishings and tech in the cabin are utterly next level. 3D virtual cockpit is insanely cool. OLED infotainment unbelievably responsive and what clarity!@MercedesBenzInd #SClass pic.twitter.com/aPhEvjxSJr
— Sirish Chandran (@SirishChandran) June 30, 2021
Mercedes S-class competitors:
It will directly compete with the likes of BMW 7 Series, Audi A8 and ultra-luxury SUVs in the market as it has several key features to boast of.